Hi, I m back after quite long. These days I am busy preparing for my GPSC interview. I hope I succeed in it the way I want. Life is full of miracles and I want to witness one in near future. Although I don't believe that my selection would be miraculous and not on talent, I do feel that it would give me a miraculous joy.

I m here to talk about yesterday's event. It was special as Savarkundla's one of the most popular novelist and columnist Nanabhai Jebalia was reevaluated in a conference. He is one of the most read but critically less discussed writers of Gujarati language. He is continuing the writing style that started from Meghani. The rural and rustic feel in his writings cast a spell on the readers. Yesterday on 23/1/2010, V.D.Kankiya Arts College, Savarkundla and Gujarat Sahitya Academy, Gandhinagar had jointly organised a conference titled as 'Nanabhai H. Jebalia ek Punah Mulyankan'. We had pleasure to listen to critical evaluation of the writer's works by renowned critics and writers of Gujarat like Raghuvirbhai Chaudhari, Mansukhbhai Salla, Kiritbhai Dudhat, Narottambhai Palan, Ratilal Borisagar, Vasantbhai Parikh and others. It was a rejuvenating experience to celebrate the spirit of a writer of Meghani's caliber. Mansukhbhai and Kiritbhai even put Nanabhai ahead of Meghani as far as his prose is concerned to utter disagreement by Raghuvirbhai. The whole day passed in insightful discussions.

The organizers deserve congrats for thinking it out and finally carrying it out successfully.

Long live Nanabhai.

Kalpesh Bhatt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

શાળા પ્રવેશોત્સવ - શિક્ષણની વિસ્તરતી સીમાઓ - પ્રત્યક્ષ અનુભવ

કોપી ઉત્સવ

મુઠ્ઠી ઉંચેરો માનવી, મુઠ્ઠી ઉંચેરી પ્રજા...