Election Commission Endorsing Tobacco???

Well, finally the monster of election -as I had called it in my last post- has gone off from our area for the time being. It has gone to deep sleep for sometime like Kumbhkarn and will awake when the Gram Panchayat elections do commence. This election was a clean sweeper. The steam roller of BJP has almost crushed Congress out of it.
Anyway, today I am here not to talk of all that stuff. I want to draw your attention towards one trivial thing all of us have used but not noticed or even not brought to notice of people concerned for that matter. We have been put to election duties every time. This was my 8th election duty. And; since my first acquaintance with this national duty, I have observed it; so this time, I am putting it for others to view. Every time, when we are deployed on duty, I have seen that Election Commission provides us with a tobacco tin to use it as a container to hold the indelible ink bottle on sand filled in the tin. Now I wonder how come the EC be so careless about such things? Don't we have ban on public execution of such things? (though we do see surrogate ads off and on!!!) All the voters who come to vote pass through the marking process and see the bottle laying there. When I was on duty, some smart voters even asked me, "are you selling 135 mava?" All I could do was just laugh and then put some paper to hide the bottle. Can't there be any better option? Now see it for yourself decide whether I am right or wrong? Don't these pics speak for themselves? Well have a deep look and find the tin on the table. Do you swallow mava? Or chew tobacco? Then it might please you.










Is the EC endorsing 135 tobacco?
Not really, atleast I do believe so.

Let's wait for the next election and see.

Trivially touched,
Kalpesh Bhatt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

શાળા પ્રવેશોત્સવ - શિક્ષણની વિસ્તરતી સીમાઓ - પ્રત્યક્ષ અનુભવ

કોપી ઉત્સવ

મુઠ્ઠી ઉંચેરો માનવી, મુઠ્ઠી ઉંચેરી પ્રજા...